Chris has performed at festivals and on television:
- Burbank Comedy Festival (Best of the Fest)
- New York Underground Comedy Festival
- Latino Laugh Festival (2x)
- Scruffy City Comedy Festival – (Knoxville, TN)
- Boston Comedy Festival
- San Diego Comedy Festival
- Ventura Comedy Festival
- Comics Unleashed (2x)
- Comedy Central’s Premium Blend
- Latino Laugh Festival The Show
- First Latino to be a finalist in the prestigious San Francisco International Comedy Competition (a list that includes Ellen Degeneres and Robin Williams)
- MWR Overseas Comedy Tour for the Military (2x)
- Latino 101 (SiTV)
- Comedy Factory (Holland)
His show is a hilarious non-stop assault on the topic of blended families. His act focuses on raising children.
He doesn’t talk about the difficulties or foibles of being a parent, he talks about how to be a parent. He gives solutions to situations most parents have difficulty dealing with. His jokes are focused on teaching parents how to be parents so they can raise their children to be great human beings.
What Cesar Millan is to dogs, Chris Mata is to children. No child is too much for him to handle. He rehabilitates children. He trains parents.
Chris has written and directed shorts for Comedy Central as well as independently (a mockumentary about a rapper and a suspense film about a hit woman). He was a contributing writer for The HuffingtonPost’s comedy site and he’s also performed internationally in South Korea, Japan and the Netherlands.
Training in the martial arts since the age of ten, Chris holds a second degree black belt in taekwondo, has trained jiujitsu extensively with Ryron and Rener Gracie, and trained muay thai kickboxing with Pete “Sugarfoot” Cunningham.
Chris released his first comedy album “Parental Guidance” this year, aptly named due to the subject matter of raising great kids. The album has been described as “A solid and hilarious conversational style that is packed with rational insight on parenting, spoiled children and the consistencies necessary for an affectionate relationship.” It is now available on CDbaby, iTunes and Amazon.